At the Middle School and High School level, our students develop a greater sense of responsibility and self-discipline in both their academic and personal pursuits. They practice good judgment in speaking and acting. They are expected to maintain their own weekly planner in order to manage their priorities. Although, there is more hand-holding and training at the 7/8th grade level. The goal is to continue seeking truth with friends, increased responsibility, more freedom (to act rightly), and focused attention to what God is calling them to be in this world.
Integrated Humanities Program
History – C1 – Ancient Era; C2 – Medieval Times & the Founding of Christendom; C3 – Modern & American History
Fine Arts – Art & Music appreciation integrated to the time frame they are currently studying
Theology – C1 – Scriptures – OT; C2 – Scriptures – NT; C3 – Catechism of the Catholic Church
Logic – To order thinking in order to perceive truth and to act rightly based on right reason.
Classic Language – Intro Latin & Latin I – in preparation for the National Latin Exams
Literature – “Good & Great Books” study integrated with history cycle
Composition – Classical Composition (Lost Tools of Writing)
Rhetoric – oral Presentations, speeches, and debates
The Schola Alta program is being written as we conduct the classes. In effect, everyone participating in Schola Alta during these beta years is helping to develop the program. It is subject to change and students, parents, and mentors must be willing to be flexible if they plan to join the Schola Alta beta years.
- Water bottle (SPILL PROOF!)
- Weekly Planner
- Pencil case with: 2-3 sharpened-pencils, a few pens, colored pencils, highlighter, vis-à-vis or dry-erase thin marker, eraser, and a personal pencil sharpener
- Plastic, three-pronged soft folder with pockets and 7 page protectors (to hold the syllabus for each subject and the integrated curriculum overview)
- 5 subject notebook – (Catechism, History, Lit/Comp, Speech & Debate, Latin)
- 1 inch binder with dividers: Catechism, History, Literature, Composition, Speech & Debate, Latin, Fine Arts, Assignment Sheets
- 1 composition notebook (for the Common Place Journal – a collection of great quotes and maxims)