Aquinas Learning is a Catholic classical education mentoring program, which encourages students to behold, wonder, and contemplate, what is TRUE, GOOD, and BEAUTIFUL, in order to cultivate wisdom and virtue.
By studying the liberal arts and discussing the great ideas of Western civilization, informed by the truths of our Catholic Faith, students develop a taste and affection for what is true, good, and beautiful. By practicing the skills of reading, writing, listening, speaking, thinking, and virtue, students will learn to express clearly what they learned as well as take actions based on right reason.
- "Good Books" with Socratic discussions - story telling and learning ethics
- Philosophy - discussing ideas and learning reasoning skills
- Memory Works - Catechism, History, Science, Civics, Latin, Grammar, Timeline, and Geography
- Fine Arts Studies – appreciating Music and Art to learn about artists, their skills, and to imitate
- Science experiments – exploring the "splendor of order" in God’s creation
- Oral presentations – practicing elocution and listening
- Language Arts – learning composition (IEW), grammar, parsing, diagramming, copy work, and handwriting
Aquinas Learning offers five levels:
- Schola Parva – Pre K – K
- Schola Prima I – Grades 1-3
- Schola Prima II - Grades 4-6
- Schola Alta I – Grades 7-8
- Schola Alta II - Grades 9-12
News and Notes
AS SEEN ON EWTN!
The Classical Approach
The classical approach to education is the mode by which culture, tradition, and truths have been transmitted for several generations. The content is based on Philippians 4:6-9, and the approach is based on Aristotle's teachings about how humans learn. It is logocentric because it focuses on the logos as the central unifying idea to which every topic, subject, concept points - He IS Truth!
Integrated & Cyclical Learning
We offer a 3-cycle curriculum where content is taught in a 3-year cycle. Students join at any point and within three years, they're back to the first cycle they studied - but at a higher level of understanding and inquiry. "Subjects" are not taught in isolation but together as pieces to one puzzle called Truth. Click here to learn more.
Join a Center
Join an existing Center Licensed to use the Aquinas Learning Program. Directors at these centers have either used the program for a year at home or have been part of a different center, and they receive training on the curriculum. Each are independently owned and operated.
Aquinas Learning at Home
There are areas where no community of AL users has yet formed. Therefore, you may subscribe to use the curriculum independently from home without a center and be an "ALH Family." You will receive a Parent Guide, Workbooks, a subscription to our online Course Site, and invitations to join our online community.
Aquinas Learning at Your Center
Start your own independently-owned homeschool center, and apply for the license to use the Aquinas Learning program at your center. Director Application. To inquire about the program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our representatives will be in touch with you soon.
Get in Touch
We'd love to hear from you. Please use the form below and we will be in touch as soon as possible. Thanks!