Each Aquinas Learning Center is an independently-owned and operated classical Catholic homeschool center licensed to provide the Aquinas Learning Program.
How do I Start My Own Center?
First, get to know the program well. How? Sign up as an ALH family and do it yourself for 1 year. Another fast-track way to licensing is to join a center, sign up to be a mentor, and really get involved and engaged with the curriculum. Start looking for a location since this will be the hardest thing on your “to do” list.
Our model of a tuition-run center creates a sense of professionalism, purpose, and propriety (respecting and acknowledging the work done by directors and mentors). Parents purchase a subscription to the Aquinas Learning Program and pay the director a separate fee to enroll at the center. The tuition and fees depend on the cost of running a center. The director pays her mentors to teach for a contracted amount of time. The exact amount isn’t known until the director has registrations for the school year, since payment to staff is based on a percentage of tuition received.
The center runs well when you are able to enroll parents who are engaged and willing to help out as mentors, volunteers, assistants, etc.
What are the steps to directorship?
1. You need a group
2. You need a location
3. You need training
4. You need to have experienced the curriculum for at least a year.
5. You need to fill out a Director License application and schedule a phone interview.
6. Once accepted for the license, you will be sent a License Contract which will give you the permission to use the Aquinas Learning Program for you center.
7. Purchase the Director Package ($375 – 1st year / $150 subsequent years) for the items listed below.
Director Package Includes:
1. Directors’ Business Guide
2. Director webinars - to include topics such as hiring mentors, classroom environment, mentor webinars for each component of the program, budgeting, marketing, yearly calendar from registration to graduation…etc.
3. Online email access for support
4. AL Director Loop – join the director community
4. Space on the AL Website and a customizable sub-page
5. Marketing materials – digital copies which you can format to customize for your center information
For more information, contact us at email@example.com